Tooth gems are small, decorative of crystals, that are adhered to the surface of a tooth. They are a form of dental jewelry, used to add a sparkle to your smile without causing any damage to the teeth. Tooth gems are typically applied using a safe, dental-grade adhesive and can last for several months or even years, depending on care. They are a popular trend in cosmetic dentistry and offer a unique way to express personal style.
Tooth gems offer a diverse array of shapes and colors, providing a myriad of design possibilities. They can be creatively combined to form unique patterns and designs, offering a distinctive way to showcase your personal style. As a non-permanent alternative, tooth gems present an exciting avenue for self-expression beyond traditional tattoos and piercings.
Our shop minimum for tooth gems is $60 each.
Crystals are $60 for one. Any additional crystals are $15 each. For more detailed pricing, check price list.
We have a 30 day guarantee on most tooth gems!
Please note: freestyle sets, butterfly sets, tooth designs, etc. have no guarantee. Instead, we do one free replacement of any gems that have fallen out within 30 days.
• Do NOT consume any sticky or hard foods for the next 12 hours. Hard foods could damage the gem. You should avdeat foods such as crunchy apples and crusty pieces of bread carefully to avoid popping off the gem. Otherwise, you can eat normally.
• Drink water only and avoid drinking soda, coffee, or tea for the rest of the day. If you do, drink it through a straw. at, Do not eat or smoke for one hour after the procedure, and do not brush the tooth gem for 24 hours after placement to ensure a long-lasting bond. I also recommend a softer diet for the first few days.
• Do NOT consume any sticky or hard foods for the next 12 hours. Hard foods could damage the gem. You should avoid eat foods such as crunchy apples and crusty pieces of bread carefully to avoid popping off the gem. Otherwise, you can eat normally.
• At first, your tooth gem may feel like it is sticking out, which is entirely normal. As you get used to the gem, this sensation will disappear and cease to be a concern.
• Do NOT pick or play with your tooth gem.
• Brush 2 times a day and floss once a day to keep your gem clean.
• The adhesive will take 24 hours to reach maximum strength. Be most careful with your gem during this time.
Although Tooth Gems are non invasive and safe, you must be at least 18 years old to get a Tooth Gem at World's Fair Tattoo without parental consent. If you are under 18, you must have a parent or legal guardian present and provide written consent.
We accept walk-ins but are subject to availability. For all walk-ins, please call us at (718) 316-6141 prior to arriving to make sure we have someone available to service your tooth gem.
Anywhere from 3-6 months average but up to 24 months for the Swarovski Crystals, Brilliance Crystals, and Shaped Crystals and 6 to 12 Months for the Real Gold Charms (Due to the extra Weight on these Specific Charms). With extra care, they may last even longer.
The jewels are only 0.4mm or 0.9mm thick and 1.8mm to 3mm in diameter. Initially, something on your tooth will feel different, but a few days after the application, you will get used to the new feeling.
No! The jewel will bond to the enamel, like an orthodontic bracket (braces), without any drilling or pain. The procedure and removal is similar to the placement and removal of orthodontic brackets (braces). When it is removed, the gem/charm is simply popped off and the tooth will be polished to remove any remaining bonding material.
Unfortunately, no. The bonding agent will only attach to natural tooth tissue.
In most cases we can assist in removing a tooth gem and glue, but in any case a quick trip to the dentist is all you need to buff off the glue.
Yes, the presence of the tooth jewelry will not make any difference regarding dental hygiene. However, it is recommended not to use an electric toothbrush.
In most cases you will be in and out within 30 minutes for the entire process.
Not to worry, the jewels are tiny glass crystals or gold and are free from lead. They have no sharp edges. It will come out "the natural way".
Yes, you can and should still have your teeth cleaned by a professional. Tooth jewelry will not cause a problem for the hygienist cleaning your teeth. The area underneath the jewel is sealed like a filling and will not let in any bacteria. The hygienist can easily polish on top and around the gemstone with a soft point.
For a retainer, it depends on the type. If it is a Hawley Retainer (the wire kind), yes! Just bring it to your appointment and can make sure the placement of the gems doesn’t interfere with it. Unfortunately, if you have the clear plastic tray type (this also applies to Invisalign), it will put too much pressure on your tooth and the gem, so it’s not something I would recommend.
Copyright © 2023 World's Fair Tattoo - All Rights Reserved.